Based in Dallas – Hollywood – Montreal
September 6, 2019
Xbox One, Windows 10, Switch, Steam
Creature in the Well is a top-down, pinball-inspired, hack-and-slash dungeon crawler. As the last remaining BOT-C unit, venture deep into a desert mountain to restore power to an ancient facility, haunted by a desperate Creature. Uncover and upgrade powerful gear in order to free the city of Mirage from a deadly sandstorm.About our team
Creature in the Well is developed by Adam Volker and Bohdon Sayre from Flight School, the creative leads behind the Daytime Emmy Award® nominated Manifest 99. Based in Dallas and Montreal, Flight School is a studio of artists and technicians, fearlessly exploring the unknown space of film, games, VR, AR, and anything else in the wide and boundless sky.
- Pinball with swords: Charge up energy orbs, then bounce and ricochet them to reactivate dormant machinery and stop the sandstorm.
- Defeat the Creature: Escape the many challenges set by the Creature and confront it in intricate, skillful battles.
- Dungeon-crawler: Delve deeper into the mountain as you unlock eight hand-crafted dungeons, each filled with unique gameplay themes, unlockables, and secrets to uncover.
- Over 20 unique items: Customize your playstyle with upgradeable weapons and clothing that change how you play the game.
101 Trailer YouTube
Launch Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Unreal E3 Awards 2019" Outstanding Original Game
- "Unreal E3 Awards 2019" Nominee: Unreal Underdog
- "Best of MIX Los Angeles 2019" Guest's Top Pick
- "It’s the look that immediately draws me into Creature In The Well. The hard, clear shading on the environment allows them to pull off tricks like the well itself being a void of absolute blackness, punctuated only by the hands and glowing eyes of the titular Creature."
- Dominic Tarason, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "The full game will launch with eight dungeons. If they’re anything like my short demo experience, they’ll be a blast to explore."
- Mike Minotti, VentureBeat
- "What intrigued me most about Creature in the Well was the way it utilizes puzzles and branching paths. [...] If you opt to tough it out and solve the puzzle, you’ll be rewarded with access to a new weapon, or upgrade. It’s super compelling and encouraged me to see puzzles through more than once."
- Zachary Ryan, IGN
About Flight School
Flight School is a studio of artists and technicians, fearlessly exploring the unknown in films, games, VR, AR and whatever lies in the wide and boundless sky. Collectively, the studio’s creative team boasts top creative accolades, such as Academy, Emmy, Annie, Cannes Lion and Lumiere Awards. In addition to developing self-released titles (Daytime Emmy Award nominated Manifest 99, Island Time VR), the team collaborates on innovative entertainment with agency and brand partners (Oculus, Google, Lionsgate, Sony, Dell, American Express, GM, SAP, Verizon). Since 2017, Flight School’s headquarters are in Dallas, TX alongside sister companies Reel FX and ATK PLN. Additional divisions are located in Hollywood, CA and Montréal, QC, staffed with curious pioneers creating the future of immersive experiences.
More information on Flight School, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Creature in the Well Credits