Based in Dallas – Hollywood – Montreal
Xbox One, Switch, Steam
|To be announced.|
Unlock the power of an ancient facility and face the ominous, all-seeing Creature in this unique pinball-inspired hack & slash! Creature in the Well is a top down pinball inspired hack and slash dungeon crawler. As the last remaining BOT-C unit, venture deep into a desert mountain to restore power to an ancient facility, haunted by a desperate Creature. Uncover and upgrade powerful gear in order to save the city of Mirage from a deadly sandstorm.About our team
Creature in the Well is developed by Adam Volker and Bohdon Sayre from the Flight School Montreal studio. Based in Dallas, Flight School is a studio of artists and technicians, fearlessly exploring the unknown space of film, games, VR, AR, and anything else in the wide and boundless sky. Both Adam and Bohdon are behind the Daytime Emmy Award® nominated Manifest 99 as well as the VR game Island Time.
- Defeat the Creature: Escape the many challenges set by the Creature and get face-to-face with it in impressive confrontations.
- Dungeon-crawler: Delve deeper into the mountain as you unlock each of the eight dungeons, each filled with unique gameplay themes, unlockables, and secrets to uncover.
- Pinball with swords: Charge up energy orbs and have them bounce around and ricochet in order to reactivate dormant machinery.
- Over 20 unique items: Customize your playstyle with upgradeable weapons and clothing that change how you play the game.
Logo & Icon
- "It’s the look that immediately draws me into Creature In The Well. The hard, clear shading on the environment allows them to pull off tricks like the well itself being a void of absolute blackness, punctuated only by the hands and glowing eyes of the titular Creature."
- Dominic Tarason, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "The full game will launch with eight dungeons. If they’re anything like my short demo experience, they’ll be a blast to explore."
- Mike Minotti, VentureBeat
- "What intrigued me most about Creature in the Well was the way it utilizes puzzles and branching paths. [...] If you opt to tough it out and solve the puzzle, you’ll be rewarded with access to a new weapon, or upgrade. It’s super compelling and encouraged me to see puzzles through more than once."
- Zachary Ryan, IGN
About Flight School
Flight School is a studio of artists and technicians, fearlessly exploring the unknown in films, games, VR, AR and whatever lies in the wide and boundless sky. Collectively, the studio’s creative team boasts top creative accolades, such as Academy, Emmy, Annie, Cannes Lion and Lumiere Awards. In addition to developing self-released titles (Daytime Emmy Award nominated Manifest 99, Island Time VR), the team collaborates on innovative entertainment with agency and brand partners (Oculus, Google, Lionsgate, Sony, Dell, American Express, GM, SAP, Verizon). Since 2017, Flight School’s headquarters are in Dallas, TX alongside sister companies Reel FX and ATK PLN. Additional divisions are located in Hollywood, CA and Montréal, QC, staffed with curious pioneers creating the future of immersive experiences.
More information on Flight School, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Creature in the Well Credits